If the fire marshal ordered fire watch for your building, or you’re being proactive by seeking these services before an order is made, you’re probably curious what a fire patrol consists of.
Professional fire watch patrols include a variety of services that are designed to keep your property and those in and around it safe during times of vulnerability.
Types of Services Fire Watch Patrol Offer
There are a number of different types of sites that call for the professional services of fire patrol officers should any part of the fire alerting system malfunction. These include:
What Exactly Does a Fire Watch Patrol Consist Of?
This service is designed for properties, buildings and work sites that need protection from the dangers of fire during a time when their alarm, sprinkler, or water system is not functioning properly.
In absence of a working fire alarm and water protection system, trained guards can be positioned on-site to keep a vigilant eye over your property.
The services these professionals provide include:
- Vigilant patrol on all floors of the building or areas of the property around the clock
- Maintaining exits and walkways to ensure they are clear and free of obstructions
- Immediate action and alerting in the case of a fire
- Identification and reporting of any safety issues or concerns
- Communication with all other guards, officers, and management on site
- Recording of all activities and findings in a daily log
24 Hour Fire Watch
More often than not, the need for fire watch services is emergent in nature. No one plans for their alarm system to malfunction, after all.
The good news is that you have access to trained and qualified guards 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are guards on stand-by waiting for a dispatch call.
Per the fire marshal, state, and local regulations, if you have an unexpected failure of your fire alarm system, you are required by law to hire 24 hour fire watch services to keep the site protected against potential disasters.
These certified individuals are in charge of keeping an attentive eye on the site and recording all activities and findings in a dedicated fire log.
Where to Find Reliable Fire Watch Guards
The best place to hire certified and trained fire guards is from a licensed and insured security company. These companies will:
- Have guards on standby ready for your call
- Dispatch their guards quickly, efficiently, and have them ready for their patrol
- Be fully trained on fire safety and how to maintain a proper fire log per the fire marshal
- Be ready to work closely with local emergency services
Whether your need is short or long term in nature, planned, or the result of an unexpected emergency, you can rest assured that you have access to high quality, compliant fire patrol guards whenever you need them.
When it comes to fire safety, it’s vital that you take the necessary steps and precautions to make every attempt to avoid potentially dangerous situations.