Fire spreads at lightning fast speeds. In fact, once a fire breaks out, your life could be in danger just a couple of minutes later.
Fire needs oxygen to burn, and people need oxygen to breath. Unfortunately, a rapidly burning fire will win the war over oxygen and cause anyone who’s in the way to suffocate, suffer burns, or worse.
If you’re hosting a special event of any kind, it is imperative that you do everything you can to keep those in attendance safe from harm, including the harm associated with fire. In fact, it’s your duty to do so.
How do you keep your guests protected from the dangers of fire? You hire professional fire watch services for your special event.
Special Event Fire Watch Services
Any event that has a large gathering of people should have certified and trained fire watch guards on duty, keeping a close eye out for fires and fire hazards.
Some of the common types of special events and venues that require fire watch services include:
- Movie sets
- Trade shows
- Sporting events
- Large speaking engagements
- School campuses
If you’re planning a special event of any kind, it’s your responsibility to make sure that the proper fire safety precautions are put into place.
What Do Special Event Fire Watch Guards Do?
Fire watch guards are highly trained and certified in fire protection and alerting. They are tasked with the important responsibility of keeping a vigilant watch over the event and ensuring there are no fire safety hazards present.
The main tasks performed by special event fire watch personnel include:
- Consistent monitoring of all areas of the venue.
- All actions are logged in a designated fire log.
- Immediate action in the case of smoke and/or fire, including calling 911 and alerting those who are on the premises.
How To Hire Fire Watch For Your Special Event
Anyone who’s ever planned a special event knows that there are a million details to be accounted for, and preparation can take weeks, even months. While it may feel inconvenient to add another task to your to-do list, hiring fire watch for your event is an absolute must.
Finding the right fire watch team for your event can be easy as long as you know the following:
1. What needs to be protected: In order for fire watch personnel to best perform their job duties, they need to know details about the area or venue that they need to cover and any potential hazards that exist.
If you are unsure of any risks or hazards associated with your event, you can request an on-site evaluation before your event.
2. What you’re looking for in a fire watch team: What kinds of things are you expecting your fire watch personnel to do? Do you want them to be trained and certified to ensure maximum safety and efficiency? Do you have a budget that you need to stay within?
Taking some time to think about what exactly you need when it comes to hiring fire watch for your special event will make the hiring process much smoother and easier, and ultimately, will make the day of the event run smoother and safer as well.